T9 Texting

I'm trying to text using the old tap-tap-tap method of getting the letter I want...in other words, I tap a key 1 to 4 times to get the letter I want. It looks like I have to press next and then OK for each letter.

Surely there's a better way???

Help!

--------------------
Hi,

I think you're talking about the T9 predictive texting feature. Some people like it, though I've never gotten the hang of it myself.

The quickest way to turn that on or off is by pressing and holding the star (*) key when you're writing a text.

Download message attachments

by snne
(dade city fl)

How do I download from my messages? It says "get" but there is no "get" button.

----------------
Hi snne,

My handset isn't currently active, but you can take a look at this tutorial here:

Receive Pictures.

For new messages you basically keep pressing the OK button.

For previously read messages, you may be able to view the message and then go to the Options menu and look for an option to either view attachments or retrieve data.

My set of LG 4XXg phones don't have any picture messages stored in their inbox, so I can't test this. Also, the options may be different once the attachments have been downloaded. My LG 900g does have stored picture messages, but that phone seems to use a slightly different interface so I'm not sure it applies in this case.

Regards,
sb (admin)

Comments for T9 Texting

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 12, 2015
Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Texting
by: Richard B

After pressing the text icon - look in the upper right-hand corner of screen. Right on top of the window there is a little blue field with the letters "Abc" (or other settings). Press the * key until you see the letters: T9 Abc. With my phone, you just press the button that has the letter you want and the phone will automatically display the word you want as you type it in. You don't have to press the number 7 four times to get the letter "S". Please let me know if this works for you.
Reply to: [removed]

If this doesn't work, try a different setting by pressing the * key.

Oct 17, 2014
Rating
starstarstarstarstar
norrisb
by: Anonymous

pressing * is helpful.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Tracfone LG 440g.